Click An Image Below To Select A Vacuum Pump Design
Oil-sealed Rotary Vane
Oil-sealed Rotary Piston
Liquid Ring pumps
ejectors and deaerators
ejectors and deaerators
Alabama Air Power, Inc.
1293 Hwy 87
Alabaster, AL 35007
AIR-1 / AIRLUBE
1804 South Dixie Hwy
Dalton, GA 30720
Request a quote
Select below to send your request
by email to an appropriate product specialist.
Please include your contact information (name, phone, email,
company, location, etc.) and a full description of your needs.
We will contact you shortly.
Equipment Service or Parts
Oil-sealed rotary screw pumps
We’re proud to introduce an innovative, intelligent vacuum pump
- the GHS VSD+ - representing a real leap forward in the vacuum industry.
GHS 730 VSD _pack
The GHS VSD+ Series is a new range of highly efficient, intelligent vacuum pumps
with Variable Speed Drive (VSD) from Atlas Copco. Based on the well-known
and durable plug-and-play design principles of Atlas Copco compressors, these
vacuum pumps have been designed by vacuum engineers to deliver peak performance
at operating pressures commonly found in industrial applications.
The GHS VSD+series offer:
• Energy savings of around 50%
A state-of-the-art technology, variable speed drive (VSD) and an innovative inlet control valve combine to produce a leap forward in efficiency to dramatically reduce lifecycle costs.
• Significantly better performance against benchmarked oil-sealed and dry vane vacuum pumps.
• Quiet operation — Noise levels are far below that of comparable technologies.
• Sustainable productivity
due to built-in efficiency. Conforms to energy management and environmental
commitments according to ISO 50001/14001.
• Reduced environmental
impact due to ultra-high oil retention at all operating pressures — from
ultimate pressure to atmospheric pressure.
For more information, download the datasheet:
Brochure GHS 350-900 VSD+ (1370kB, application/pdf) - Download
Oil-injected Rotary Screw pumps
Atlas Copco’s GV range of oil-injected rotary screw vacuum pump combines a robust oil-injected rotary screw technology with Atlas Copco’s advanced screw design.
Efficient, on-site vacuum
Atlas Copco’s oil-injected
rotary screw compressors are leader in the market thanks to outstanding performance
and flexible operation.
Oil-injected rotary screw systems are highly efficient vacuum technologies,
in the operating pressure range 1 mbar(a) to 650 mbar(a). The two screw elements
rotate at slow speeds, so the GV runs at sound level as low as 69 dB(A). Such
silent operation allows you to install the GV close to the point of use.
Would you like to learn more in the working principle of the oil-sealed rotary
screw vacuum pump? Then download the flow diagram below.
Flow diagram GV (511kB, application/pdf) - Download
Reliability is a key feature of the GV vacuum system. The technology is contract-free
and thus wear-free. As an added benefit, the oil-injection technology leads
to robust, trouble-free operation. Next to this advanced technology, the
GV is outfitted with reliable, oversized motors and a highly efficient oil-mist
separation. The state-of-the-art coalescing filters reduce oil mist carry-over
in the environment. This leads to less oil top-ups, lower running temperatures
and lower motor power consumption.
Benefits of the oil-sealed rotary screw vacuum pumps
• Match capacity to demand: the modulated valve is fitted directly to the
• Plug-and-play installation.
• Space saving canopy, thanks to lift-out panels instead of swing-out doors.
• Maximum uptime, thanks to minimal maintenance.
For more information, download the datasheet:
Brochure GV 630-4800 (1388kB, application/pdf) - Download
Single-stage oil-sealed rotary vane vacuum pumps
Atlas Copco's range of oil-sealed rotary vane vacuum pumps, the GVS 20-300,
brings all the advantages of the reliable oil-sealed vane technology to the
Why now GVS instead of GV?
We increased our portfolio of vacuum pumps and introduced the GVD double (or dual) stage oil-sealed rotary vane vacuum pumps to the market. That is the reason why we now call our single-stage rotary vane vacuum pumps GVS.
The GVS's oil-sealed rotary vane technology ensures a clean and efficient supply of vacuum between 20 and 365 m3/h. These capacities are ideal for applications such as (meat) packaging, woodworking, rubber and plastics, paper and printing, electronics and material handling.
The GVS 20-300 does not only offer robust technology, these vacuum pumps also come with innovative, integrated functions.
• Built-in gas ballast, to assist water vapor handling
• Lubricant retention and return mechanism, to allow continuous operation between 400mbar(a) and the pump's ultimate pressure
• Oil separation circuit design for optimal oil management
• Inlet non-return valve to protect your pump and your process
• Air intake filter for protection against dust and solid ingress
• With washable filter cartridge
Other benefits of the GVS 20-300:
• Compact and delivered easy to install
• Low maintenance and wear, thanks to optimal shaft speeds
• Low noise and vibration levels
We are constantly working on improvements on our existing vacuum pumps. As a result we are introducing the new design for the oil-sealed rotary vane pumps GVS 40-60 & GVS 100-150.
What are the improvements?
On the GVS 40-150:
• Smaller footprint
• Introduction of switchable gas ballast
• Humid version available for high water handling capacity
On the whole range GVS 20-300:
• Synthetic oil as standard instead of mineral oil, allowing increasing time between service intervals
On the GVS 300:
• now IE 3 Motor is standard
For more information, download the GVS 20-300 leaflet and datasheets below
Brochure GVS 20-300 oil-sealed vane vacuum pumps (3216kB, application/pdf) - Download
2-stage oil-sealed rotary vane vacuum pumps (GVD 0.7-28)
The GVD 0.7-28 series of small oil-sealed rotary vane pumps deliver excellent ultimate vacuum pressure, high pumping speeds and superior vapor handling capabilities with quiet operation. With over 200,000 units sold, these pumps offer proven performance that sets the industry standard for R&D and scientific pumping applications
All pumps/motors are approved to UL and CSA standards by an external test house and feature our patented mode selector switch, meaning one model is suitable for both high vacuum or high throughput applications. In summary, you can rest assured that when you choose an Atlas Copco GVD 2 stage oil-sealed rotary vane pump you are choosing a product you can rely on from a company you can trust.
Features and benefits
• Ultra quiet operation and intrusive frequencies minimized
• Easy-to-use gas ballast
• Fast acting anti suck back system protection
• High torque, 1-phase and 3-phase multi-voltage and 50/60 Hz motors available.
• Efficient high pressure lubrication
• Oil-tight with printed gaskets, effective shaft seals
• Clamped-in sight glass
• Oil box well contains filling spills.
• Hi-tech polymer blades, large diameter, easy-clean oil passages.
• Consistent, built-in quality
• Wide variety of accessories is available.
• Laboratory bench top vacuum
• Research and development
• Turbomolecular backing pumps
• Freeze drying
• Analytical instruments
For more information, download the GVD 0.7-28 brochure and datasheets below
Brochure GVD 0.7-28 oil-sealed vane vacuum pumps (1137kB, application/pdf) - Download
Datasheet GVD 0.7-1,5 (1099kB, application/pdf) - Download
Datasheet GVD 3-5 (1227kB, application/pdf) - Download
Datasheet GVD 8-12 (1359kB, application/pdf) - Download
Datasheet GVD 18-28 (1349kB, application/pdf) - Download
2-stage oil-sealed rotary vane vacuum pumps (GVD 40-275)
The GVD series of 2-stage oil sealed rotary vane vacuum pumps are renowned for their high ultimate vacuum, rapid pumping speeds, quiet operation and ability to handle water vapor.
These direct drive rotary vane pumps are inherently compact and vibration free, and with their finger-proof fan and coupling housings they offer excellent operator protection. A comprehensive range of accessories is available to allow use on the widest variety of vacuum applications.
Features and benefits
• Advanced pressurized oil circuit to give effective lubrication even under high gas loads.
• When the pump is switched off, the spring loaded distributor valve provides oil and air suck-back protection.
• Gas ballast control to assist in handling high water vapor loads.
• Industrial roller bearings on drive shaft for ultimate reliability and long, trouble free life.
• Full height oil sight glass for easy checking of oil level and condition.
• Easy change oil filter, with oil filter condition gauge on larger models.
• Central inlet port to allow easy mounting of mechanical booster pump if required.
• Easy to maintain, with convenient service kits and international customer support.
• A wide range of accessories to match your application needs.
• The pumps and accessories can be supplied either as individual components or as fully systemized, factory-tested combinations.
• Refrigeration and air conditioning system evacuation, drying, and backfilling
• Vacuum drying and distillation
• Backing pump for high vacuum applications
• Vacuum metallurgy processes
• Thin film coating technologies
• Freeze drying
• Transformer and cable drying and impregnation, insulating oil treatment plant
• Cryogenic vessel evacuation
For more information, download the GVD 40-275 brochure and datasheets below.
Brochure GVD 40-275 oil-sealed vane vacuum pumps (690kB, application/pdf) - Download
Datasheet GVD 40-80 (1610kB, application/pdf) - Download
Datasheet GVD 175-275 (1605kB, application/pdf) - Download
Oil-sealed rotary piston pumps/combinations
GLS 250-500 Series
With over 10,000 units sold in 80 years, the
Atlas Copco GLS rotary piston pump sets the standard for performance and reliability
as one of the industry’s most efficient, space-saving design. As part of the
Atlas Copco Group, Stokes Vacuum continues to innovate oil-lubricated rotary
piston pumps. The GLS has been improved, upgraded and fine-tuned. It delivers
even better dependability and productivity combined with minimal maintenance
and process downtime, especially crucial in demanding applications such as
the automotive and aerospace industry and their supply chains.
Features and benefits
• Slow rotational speed for optimum reliability and low lifecycle cost.
• In-house service for extra peace of mind.
• Rugged reliable operation even in arduous or dirty applications.
• Efficient design provides maximum uptime with minimal moving parts and large clearance.
• Low ultimate pressure (blank-off): down to < 10-2 Torr.
• Simple design for easy maintenance.
• Compact design which saves up to 50% of valuable floor space.
• Advanced balancing reduces vibration to a practical minimum.
• Gas ballast as standard.
• Chemical processing
• Heat treatment
• Vacuum melting
• Leak detection
• PET processing
• Large area glass coating
• Large chamber pumping requirements
• Transformer drying and cable fluid conditioning
• Vacuum coating
• General applications
Configured for you: choice of pumping combinations available with different boosters
Vacuum Booster pumps
The ZRS mechanical booster pumps, based on the simple roots principle,
remains the favourite pump for applications where high pumping speeds are
required for pressures in the region of 0.01 to 50 mbar
This pump must always be backed by another
pump, which can deliver against a high-pressure differential to atmospheric
pressure. Operating at relatively low pressures, the mechanical booster pump
is not exposed to the same concentrations of corrosive process media as is
the backing pump, which makes it highly reliable.
Features and benefits
• Suitable for applications
where high pumping speeds are required in the pressure region of 0.01 to
50 mbar/0.0075 to 37.5 Torr.
• Operating at relatively
low pressures makes it highly reliable.
• The ZRS pumps have
a high quality, oil-free pumping mechanism. This offers:
• Quiet, vibration
• Rugged and corrosion
• Advanced shaft-seal
technology with no oil contamination of the process chamber.
• The proven shaft-seal
arrangement ensures that no oil enters the pumping stator, and the absence
of internal and external by-pass lines and valves which may corrode or
stick minimizes maintenance requirements.
• The design of the
shaft seals is optimized to ensure that no lubricants can migrate into
the pumping mechanism. This maintains booster pump performance in applications
which demand the highest standard of cleanliness. In addition, this prevents
the build-up of trapped particles on the rotor lobes and end-faces which
have veryclose tolerances.
• The dynamically balanced
rotors and precision ground gears contribute to the smooth, quiet operation
of the pumps, as demanded by manufacturers of advanced technology equipment.
• Vacuum packaging
• Drying and de-gassing
• Vacuum metallurgy
• Vacuum distillation
• Thin film coating
• Low density wind
• Space simulation
• Vacuum impregnation
• Freeze drying
For more information, download the ZRS 250-4200 brochure and datasheets below.
Brochure ZRS 250-4200 vacuum booster pumps (827kB, application/pdf)
Datasheet ZRS 250 (1236kB, application/pdf) - Download
Datasheet ZRS 500 (1233kB, application/pdf) - Download
Datasheet ZRS 1200 (1247kB, application/pdf) - Download
Datasheet ZRS 2600 (1368kB, application/pdf) - Download
Datasheet ZRS 4200 (1159kB, application/pdf) - Download
Liquid Ring pumps
Atlas Copco liquid ring vacuum pumps are offered as standard packages in a number of configurations, suitable for operation in once through, partial or total recirculation.
For partial or total recirculation systems
the pump package components are offered with stainless steel wetted parts as
standard, irrespective of the materials of construction of the pump. The AW
liquid ring vacuum pumps are available for both single (AWS) and two stage
pumps (AWD) with capacities from 200-37500 m3/h and vacuum levels down to 30
Features and Benefits
• Standard package design: 50 Hz DIN or 60 Hz ANSI available.
• Modular design of 3 package types: once through, partial recirculation and total recirculation.
• Optional materials of construction: cast iron, stainless steel fitted, stainless steel complete.
• Accessories have stainless steel wetted parts as standard.
• Short lead times, minimum life cycle costs and optimized reliability.
• Easy design iteration steps without extensive dead time between phases.
• Certified for hazardous area operation (European ATEX Ex II 2Gc, IIB T3, USA Explosion proof Class 1 Division 1 Group C & D).
• Non-hazardous area versions and full range of skid mounted accessories are also available.
Liquid ring vacuum pumps are ideal for specific, humid, dirty and/or large applications in heavy industries, a selection of which can be found below. The AWS and AWD series are the workhorses of the local economy:
strong, reliable, proven and simple machines that deliver utility or process vacuum. As part of the Atlas Copco Group, Hick Hargreaves brings more than 50 years of expertise in liquid ring pumps; delivering sustainable productivity in the harshest environments.
• Brick extrusion
• Automotive industry
• Cement and allied products
• Chemical industries
• Food processing
• General manufacturing
• Metalwork industries
• Paper and allied products
• Petroleum industries
• Oil and gas
• Textile industry
• Power and utilities
For more information, download the datasheet:
Brochure Liquid Ring Pump Packages, AWS & AWD series (12803kB, application/pdf) - Download
Steam ejectors and deaerators
The process and mechanical design expertise of Hick Hargreaves is combined with project management skills for the supply of individual items of plant, or the execution of complete fully systemised equipment packages. In addition, by drawing on its extensive and highly skilled global service network, Atlas Copco is also able to provide installation and commissioning of this equipment.
Design personnel use the company’s in-house computer modeling and design programmes to produce process, thermal and mechanical designs which comply with domestic and international codes of practice. Design facilities are utilized for vacuum process and thermal design, mechanical design, and finite element analysis, together with computer-aided draughting.
Completed vacuum process equipment is performance tested using our extensive test bed facility. It is equipped with a steam-raising plant enabling the testing and fine adjustment of ejectors and all other types of vacuum equipment.
UK design with global build
Our ejector systems and water injection deaerator packages are designed at their facility in Bolton, UK,and all project management activities, including drafting, project control, procurement, expediting, inspection and logistic control are based in Bolton. Manufacturing is subcontracted to specialist contractors on our approved supplier list, with these suppliers being located around the world. The selection of subvendors on any project gives due consideration to the specific and individual project requirements, including, customer preferences, compliance with local codes, lead time, and logistics requirements.
Broad range of products
Atlas Copco vacuum products that are used in applications in the oil & gas industry include:
• Steam, air or water operated ejectors.
• Multi-stage ejector/condenser and/or liquid ring pump vacuum systems for applications such as refinery vacuum systems, vacuum distillation units and chemical reactor evacuation.
• Deaeration of liquids using vacuum or gas stripping technology for water injection and similar applications.
• Steam-operated in-line heaters.
• Jet mixers.
Protection is key in designing vacuum installations. Atlas Copco can provide you with key components that can complement your vacuum pump system...Most of your attention will inevitably go to the inlet (or air intake) side of your vacuum pump. But you should not forget other steps in the process.
We recommend you consider:
• Pipework should slope away from the pump inlet and outlet. Liquid running back into the pump's exhaust can damage it as much as when it is sucked into the inlet.
• Think about vacuum gauge location and measurement range. Put tappings where you want to monitor pressure and also rate of pressure rise (leak rate quantification).
• Fit inlet commissioning screens and/or filters
• Fit liquid separators on the pump inlet as necessary.
• Do not forget to allow adequate maintenance access
Last, a word of warning: try to avoid inadvertently designing-in excessive pressure drop by applying a belt and braces approach to protection, or having a tortuous pipe run.
Our accessories to protect your system
Atlas Copco's liquid separators provide protection from condensate, aerosols and liquid droplets on the suction side of vacuum pumps.
Liquid ring separators will not remove condensate vapor from the gas stream when in the vapor phase. These separators are fitted with a demister insert and/or cyclonic separation mechanism, located above where the separated liquid is held.
The vessel provides visual and/or electronic liquid level monitoring so that you can easily identify when the liquid needs draining off.
Normally, vacuum systems must be stopped and vented to drain the liquid from the vessel. However, it is possible to configure separators so that the accumulated liquid can be drained without interrupting the process.
Cyclone separators are mechanical separators for extracting mist and droplets from the gas streams. They are placed upstream of the vacuum pump to prevent liquids finding their way into the pump.
They have a level indicator and are optionally available with a connection for a level switch.
Atlas Copco offer air intake filters for every application in the capacity and pressure range of our product portfolio.
These filters protect your vacuum pump from product ingress. They are designed for the most efficient protection, maximum efficiency with a minimum loss of flow and maximum uptime.
Atlas Copco's inlet filters are specifically suitable for non-hazardous rough vacuum duties. They are intended for installation in vacuum lines, which often means directly at the pump inlet. The housing is vacuum tight and is matched to the filtration efficiency of the vacuum pump.
We offer filter cartridges for our inlet filters, designed to be suitable for a variety of applications in industrial vacuum technology. They will protect your vacuum pump from product ingress, thus reducing pump wear. This type of protection creates the conditions for optimum operational reliability and uptime of your vacuum pump.
Our vacuum rated cartridges deliver extremely high separation efficiency coupled with very low pressure drops. They are designed with this optimization in mind but also allowing for high volumetric flow rates at critical parts of the pressure range.
Filter cartridges are made out of paper for "dry" applications and polyester for moisture-laden applications.
Atlas Copco's vacuum gauges allow accurate measurement of pressure ranges.
Capsule dial vacuum gauges
Atlas Copco's vacuum gauges accurately measure pressures below atmospheric pressure. We offer gauges with a reference pressure of atmospheric pressure or absolute pressure.
These gauges are calibrated and available in different measuring ranges, both in rising and falling pressure conditions.
Digital vacuum gauge
Atlas Copco's electronic gauges provide accurate measurement of the ultimate pressures attained by Atlas Copco's range of oil-sealed vacuum pumps. This instrument is ideal to detect faults, because the ultimate pressure of oil-sealed pumps is a good indicator of the pump's condition and performance. Compare it to a blood pressure monitor for humans...
The digital vacuum gauge offers exact measurements of absolute pressure in the range of 0.1 mbar to 25 mbar and offers a higher accuracy in the region of 0.5 to 5 mbar than capsule dial vacuum gauges.
A pressure gauge between the element and the oil mist separator allows you to easily check the saturation level of the oil mist separation filters. It shows exactly when the discharge filters should be replaced. That means you do not waste money changing it too early and you have no risk of losing pump performance or premature wear by changing it too late.
Vacuum tanks help to control the pressure changes in some applications.
Depending on the applications, you may benefit from a vacuum tank. Vacuum tanks can provide buffer volume to control the rate of pressure changes and the extent to which pressure fluctuation are experienced at the point of use of vacuum on the process.
All Atlas Copco's vessels are made out of carbon steel with a protective paint finish to the outer surfaces. They are available in sizes from 500 to 5000 liters, both vertically and horizontally orientated.
Check valves and pump isolation valves
Valves can protect your pump or multi pump installations.
Atlas Copco recommends an inlet isolation valve or non-return valve when you own:
• a multiple pump installation
• a configuration in which a volume of process plant/pipe work remains vacuum tight when the pump stops.
Such valves isolate the non-running vacuum pump from the reservoir of vacuum, to prevent counter rotation.
Our engineers will assist you in the best configuration of components and vacuum sources in these circumstances.
Multiple pump controllers
Controllers increase the efficiency of your (multi pump) installation.
The GV 630-4800 comes with a pre-installed controller that monitors the performance of you pump. But these controllers can also monitor multiple machines. Our well-known electronics controllers are installed on the tank-mounted GVS systems and the new GHS VSD+ rotary screw pump. The electronics offers a range of control and monitor functions, for a variety of input/output configurations